View Single Post

Old 07-13-2017, 05:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello everybody,

it goes on with the gutters.

The fact that the test results with the short gutter parts were quite promising doesn't have to mean anything, because whether the rounding of the longer gutters from the 0.1 mm aluminum sheet would be work well too, would still have to be shown.

At first the short Gutter 3 at the end of Side 2 (Bay 18) was cut out and its opening punched for the downspout,

and also the strips for the Gutter 2 and Gutter 1 (bottom).

The dimensions were taken from this image of the MLP-3, because it has almost no distortions and should correspond to the MLP-2.

Source: Library of Congress

The Gutter 2 starts at the end of the Bay 16 directly behind the local girder and extends to the middle of the Bay 11.

And then I actually wanted to start with the rounding of the gutters, but previously I had once again compared the distribution of the gutters and the position of the box with the Fire hose reel with the images of the MLP-2 from the collection of John Duncan and suddenly did not trust my eyes.

For as one can see on this already known image, the Gutter 2 is running up to the end of the Bay 11,

Source: apollosaturn.com (John Duncan)

and must therefore be slightly longer than the already cut strip, namely 107 mm instead of 99 mm. Only good that I had compared once again.

So a new gutter had to be cut, which was done quickly.

Continuation follows soon ...
Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)

Last edited by spacerunner; 07-13-2017 at 05:38 AM.