View Single Post

Old 07-13-2017, 05:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
And now the stepwise rounding of the parts could finally get started,

initially again with the short gutter part up to the lower groove, and then with the longer part,

what could have been made even relatively well up to the rounding in the last groove, although it would be better if the Rolling Set would be slightly wider.

Thereafter, the short piece was gradually further rounded, first on the foam strip,

and then between the balsa boards up to the core diameter of 1.5 mm.

The further rounding of the longer gutter was then somewhat more difficult because it is longer than the core wires, which has led to unsightly kinks, especially during rounding on the foam strip, which should be avoided, however, since they are difficult to remove.

That's why I've tried it on the cutting mat, but for this one needs a tight clamping in order to press with the Balsa boards from both sides, but this has not worked so well.

After that I have the gutter again somewhat widened and tried it once more with a longer plastic profile, only the plastic is of course not stiff enough,

which is why I have stopped for the moment.

But, of course, I will not abandon immediately, rather I will try it again with longer core wires, wherefore you could keep your fingers crossed, if you please!
Maybe one of you still has a smart tip for me, which would be very helpful.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)