View Single Post

Old 07-15-2017, 03:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.58 MB
Turret construction - SLC.

Surprisingly well designed turrets on this kit considering there is no internal structure. It took me about 2 hrs to make A turret, and 1/2 hr to build B turret. I added a lot of tabs and I think the results speak for themselves.

Basically, build the base, then and the frame work for the barrels. The kit has the barrel structure set up as a folded part. I advise cutting out the center section as folding it will result in a slight too tall frame. Simply but join the side pieces to the turret base and face. Next add the turret back with tabs. Install the barrels. The glue the outer housing by starting at the top by the guns. Then work down to the face. I reached inside the housing the fix the tabs then finally flipped up the aft section and to my surprise an enclosed housing was done.

Note, the early US cruisers could not individually raise or lower the barrels, a poor design finally cleared up in the San Francisco and later ships, so care has to be taken to keep all barrels trained at the same level.
Attached Thumbnails
IJN Nachi / USS S.L. City, DKM Hipper, RM Zara-img_2311.jpg   IJN Nachi / USS S.L. City, DKM Hipper, RM Zara-img_2312.jpg   IJN Nachi / USS S.L. City, DKM Hipper, RM Zara-img_2313.jpg   IJN Nachi / USS S.L. City, DKM Hipper, RM Zara-img_2316.jpg   IJN Nachi / USS S.L. City, DKM Hipper, RM Zara-img_2317.jpg  

IJN Nachi / USS S.L. City, DKM Hipper, RM Zara-img_2318.jpg   IJN Nachi / USS S.L. City, DKM Hipper, RM Zara-img_2319.jpg   IJN Nachi / USS S.L. City, DKM Hipper, RM Zara-img_2320.jpg   IJN Nachi / USS S.L. City, DKM Hipper, RM Zara-img_2321.jpg   IJN Nachi / USS S.L. City, DKM Hipper, RM Zara-img_2322.jpg  

IJN Nachi / USS S.L. City, DKM Hipper, RM Zara-img_2323.jpg   IJN Nachi / USS S.L. City, DKM Hipper, RM Zara-img_2324.jpg