View Single Post

Old 07-17-2017, 08:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Ashbrooke-Stein Dodecagon House

While figuring out what I wanted to do for the annual Papercuts Awards at the Cardboard-Warriors forum this year, I stumbled on a photo of the Armor-Stiner Octagon House in New York (currently renting for $44k per month).

I immediately thought of Christopher Roe's Habdome, but it is dodecagonal, not octagonal.

So, I decided to see if I can make a suitably steampunkish house for my diorama. This month's theme over there is Steampunk/VSF, so I'm taking a break from the house to do a steam carriage.

The steam carriage is going to be similar to the Royal Mail Coaches, so Vehicular Konstructions (formerly VK's Carriage Works) is working on a Glasgow/London Royal Mail Coach, and this will be modified into the Steam Carriage.

Working on getting the various elements together on it now, should have a model of the Mail Coach by tomorrow night, I hope.

Back to the Dodecagon House, after Chris (Genet Models – Paper models and toys) gave me his blessing to post my files for this at Cardboard Warriors (just a steampunkish idea | Cardboard Warriors forum) , it really came together quickly, until I got to the steps. I kept changing how I wanted to do them. The build also went quickly until I got to the dormers. I want to re-work them so that they don't stick out so far over the gutters, and need to make them taller.

For the diorama, this will also have Tommygun's Zeppelin at the back. I'm redesigning the landing mast, and will also be repainting and modding the passenger area of the airship. I may swap out with one of Squirmydad's airships for that area. I've got a little time to decide. Tommygun's zeppelin is available here, http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/v...downloadid=858

On a lark, I also have made a quick little winged flyer

So far, it has been a fun little project