View Single Post

Old 07-17-2017, 10:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
I think Capaldi was a great doctor. He just suffered from too many bad scripts. Capaldi had the looks and right attitude to the role. He was a good successor to Matt Smith. I wasn't a Clara fan but I really loved Bill Potts to bits. Pearl Macky was awesome and had great chemistry with Capaldi.

Now, the new doctor.
I really like the idea of a female version now. Remember she is extraterrestrial, so you already can stop beforehand with all that stereotypical misogynist whining about make-up, bums looking big in stuff and not being able to parallel park the TARDIS.
Let's just see how it works out, shall we? Doctor Who has always been entertaining and it still is a family show. I think with all the modern series we have around like Homeland, Borgen, the Bridge and Springfloden, we know female actors can be just as good in leading roles as their male counterparts.
The doctor isn't the same as James Bond, because James Bond has the male name and cannot regenerate. Timelords can and in the last few series we have seen a Gallifreyean timelord regenerating from an old man into a black female and the Master became Missy. So now it's the doctor' turn. Big deal? No. Not in my opinion.
I just wait and see whether the stories are any good.