View Single Post

Old 07-18-2017, 03:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
All wheels in place and front side details

Hi otherDoc and Elliott, thanks for tuning in! Elliott, I intend to raise the cabin floor a bit by adding an additional layer of flooring. There's room for such correction. I guess it will not be perfect but at least it will level the floor bridging plate better, which will have to be corrected as well.

It's almost vacation time so just a quick update. The wheel assemblies are all in place now and I used a piece of cardboard in between the wheel flanges for proper alignment. The swivel of the front bogie needed correction, it was too high and I replaced it by two layers of scrap paper from the model, each 0.2mm thick. That was just enough.

The inside wheel flange pitch is 2.7cm (remember the inside rails pitch is 2.8mm, which accounts for the wheel flange thickness of 2x 0.5mm).

Started in the mean time with frontside details such as oleo buffers, cylinder drain lines, hook and hose connections. The buffers had to be trimmed quite a bit to ensure proper orientation on the chassis.

As a final note for today in the frontside close-up pictures you can see the gap in between boiler plating and chassis, exactly in the round curve. This is the gap I mentioned in the forelast posting. Still have to figure out how to correct for this, probably with a bit of wall filler. The difficulty is not so much which material to use, but merely how to apply it neatly...

I'll strive for one more update before switching off for a few weeks .

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5347.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5348.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5349.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5350.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5351.jpg  

A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5352.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5353.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5354.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5355.jpg