View Single Post

Old 07-18-2017, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Ach, I'm probably too OCD on this, since it is being set up to be a very simple build (getting more complicated as I go along). But I do want it to not have glaring errors.

Replica builders, even museum replica builders, take some license in what they do. Tourist-y versions have all the extra seats, which from the period paintings isn't too much of an exaggeration. They also have extra signage, and don't attempt to have period-correct chassis, etc. I did find an old unrestored mail coach. I'm going to rework the chassis to look more like it.

I've also come to discount many of the period paintings. The chassis is totally different than on the unrestored and replica coaches. And from an engineering standpoint, I just don't think they would be built that way ... more like a freight wagon. I find it odd that the different painters painted the chassis more or less this same way. Perhaps there was an engineering change during the period these were in use. But I'm going to use the unrestored coach from the 1870's as my guide