View Single Post

Old 07-20-2017, 08:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Zakopious,

That was a problem I had with my 52, was pretty common. A few metal clips on the fuel line usually cured it. They never overheated if the radiator was in good shape.

Other problem as they (and parts) got older was getting dead spots in the armature in the starter. But you soon learned to pop the band on the front of the starter body and with a screwdriver move the armature a bit, or roll start the car. Even the automatics could do that, since the GM 4speed Hydramatic they used had a rear pump that would build up pressure from the driveshaft turning it and you could drop it in low 2 and it'd fire off at about 6mph. One job I worked had an old Clark forklift. I told them let me take a look. It had basically the 4 cylinder version of the Kaiser Continental engine, rocked the armature, hit the starter button and it fires off. My 1st week there so was the hero of the day.

And there isn't any good models. Revell does a drag version HJ, there was an old Premier kit of the Darrin (real simple, not real accurate), and Banthrico did some pot metal bank promos that a couple were repopped in resin maybe 30 years ago. There is a real nice die cast of the Darrin in 1/24 available now, but its 300 and up depending on version.