View Single Post

Old 07-23-2017, 04:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
More frontside details

Before going on holidays, the final update for the next few weeks to come.

Frontside details are almost done, only the lamps still to go. Glued a few brackets in place, for placards and shunt lamp. Also the steam whistle, for which I used a metal pin to keep it firmly in its position in front of the smoke stack.

Finally I started the correction for the gap between the chassis and boiler housing. I used wall filler for this, applied with a tooth pick and then smeared out by a wet, flat brush. Tamiya rubber black to finish it off. I didn't use "pure" black, as it is too black. Well, there's still some color difference but not so noticeable and when the model is completely ready, I will spray it with a thin coating of matt varnish, which usually tones down color differences and matt out shinier patches like excess of glue and the like.

The last picture is the as is status. It looks a bit shaky but that is due to the panorama mode on the iPhone. To give you an impression of the size: The stretch of rails is approximately 50 cm (20 inches) long.

Enjoy the summer period and see you in a few weeks time again for the final stretch.

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5357.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5358.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5359.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5360.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5361.jpg  

A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5370.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5371.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5372.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5373.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_5374.jpg