View Single Post

Old 07-30-2017, 05:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Huzzah and hurrah, first shuttle is finished:

Now just six more plus eight ships and Bob's yer uncle :-D.

Originally a simple two-part box, now there are over thirty parts (not counting the electronics). I'm not very happy with the result. Port hull side got glued by almost a millimetre too far forward, so the whole structure twisted like a propeller blade and had to be brutally forced into shape. The undercarriage is best viewed from afar from where one can't see how each panel is of different size and each leg of different crookedness. Atmo engine cowling on the bottom is hollow (except of the docking magnet). I should have swapped the striped halves of the rudders, they would look better. The windows got crumpled and the front left one spoilt by red paint. And the light is stronger than expected and leaks through the cockpit sidewalls:

It doesn't look that bad in real, but I must put another limiting resistor under the mothership's docking pad. Lesson learned: all paper parts with light source behind need to be at least painted with a black marker on the back, ideally laminated with black paper or aluminium tape. I'm glad this is the only shuttle which needs lighting.

To be continued somewhere in the second half of August, too many other things are interfering now.