View Single Post

Old 07-30-2017, 03:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
The hope you'll find this subject interesting flees me a little but well, perhaps it is my own fault, building a vehicle with wheels that doesn't go to space at all and putting it in the space corner...
Anyway, as we are here, let's continue. The wheels are on. Lots and lots of components and in the end almost nothing of it can be seen. Perhaps due to my misunderstanding of the instructions or some other cause, the wheels hung very loosely in their suspensions after glueing. So much that they started to sag and eventually rested against the wheel well's edges. I decided to just glue the wheels into place, using a royal amount of PVA inside and underneath the area you cannot see anyway.
After all, it will be a static model display so who cares about not seeing the suspension? You most probably won't, and I certainly don't care.
Nevertheless, I really like what I build at the moment, I have never ever built such a vehicle and building something in this scale also is a new experience.

Up next are some hinges and hatches and stuff around the cabin and then it's Soyuz time.
If you all can take it just a little longer that there's no space object in this thread (except for the word Soyuz now and then) you will be rewarded with the build of a Soyuz capsule. /-:
Attached Thumbnails
Down to Earth: the ZIL 4906-20170728_134650.jpg   Down to Earth: the ZIL 4906-p1100766.jpg   Down to Earth: the ZIL 4906-p1100767.jpg   Down to Earth: the ZIL 4906-p1100770.jpg   Down to Earth: the ZIL 4906-p1100771.jpg