View Single Post

Old 08-12-2017, 11:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
No problem with the rear fenders, Dave. I downloaded and printed out your assembly instructions, which helped - although I missed the instruction not to score the fuselage sides until it was too late.

I added quick and dirty 3d wheels (Image 1).

Here is the set (since the last post, I cut out the Porsch emblem and added it to the base. Image 2.

While I had no problem with the 935, I did have problems with the 917k. Not the fault of the design. I wasn't able to adhere the upper body assembly to the main body cleanly and it scrunkled up the body somewhat. I am going to build another one more carefully. I include an image, even though this model is not part of the Release Party and it is a sad excuse of a paper model with lots of gaps and wrinkles. Image 3.

Probably won't build the Garner Olds, but will wait for the Audi. Meanwhile, will make a second attempt at the 917k, finish my Automovile Moderne and, after the Audi, go back to airplanes.

Thanks for all the neat, beautifully-designed, models and for this enjoyable project.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
August 2017 KoolWheelz Release Party!!-koolwheelz_porsche_935_01.jpg   August 2017 KoolWheelz Release Party!!-koolwheelz_porsche_935_02.jpg   August 2017 KoolWheelz Release Party!!-koolwheelz_porsche_935_03.jpg