Thread: 1938 Delahaye
View Single Post

Old 08-15-2017, 05:21 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Another day and a bit more progress. I'm happy to report that I was able to repair the stress cut that I made earlier to facilitate gluing the two body halves together. If I had it to do over again, I would have made a short score and slight mountain fold instead of the cut to provide the little bit of needed "give".

I moved on to the rear fender tops. These are simple parts with saw tooth glue tabs on both sides. They glue directly to the body, following the black fender outline. Be sure to place them so that no white will show when the rear top panel is put in place. I bent the outer tabs on one side just for illustration.

The wheels have to be made and installed before the rear fender sides go on. Each wheel is made up of 3 parts: 2 outer pieces, and a long piece of paper that has to be rolled to form the tread and is sandwiched between the two wheel sides. After I made the wheels, I made a plastic rod axle for them to roll on. I glued one wheel to the axle, threaded it through the holes in the axle box, then glued on the other one.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow - can't wait to see how it looks with the rear fender sides on.
Attached Thumbnails
1938 Delahaye-0815171856.jpg   1938 Delahaye-0815171856a.jpg   1938 Delahaye-0815171857.jpg