View Single Post

Old 08-17-2017, 07:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 451.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoscarmel View Post
I print my models on A3 paper and so far they are never twice as big, maybe 175% over the A4 models. The tissue paper stuffing is a great idea but nevertheless you should be careful not to press the body to hard.
175% is unlikely. If margins are proportional, width and height should increase by 41.42%, to a 141.42% total*. In practice, the printer might have set the margins to be constant (e.g., 1.5cm instead of 7%) instead of proportional, changing the fraction slightly.
I'm not sure about stuffing the model. In order to be of any substantial benefit, a weak material like TP should be packed fairly densely; wouldn't it add more weight than strength? I suspect a few cardboard strips, strategically laminated during the build, on pieces already folded/curved, would give a better cost (=weight) / benefit (=sturdiness) ratio.

* A4 is about 210mm on the short edge, and 297 on the longer one; A3 is 297 on the shorter edge, which is thus 297/210 - 1 = 41.4% longer. This ratio applies to all linear measurements of the model.
BTW in a previous post I wrote "141.42% greater"; that's obviously imprecise: I meant the A3 model would be 141.42% as large as the A4 version, therefore 41.42% larger.