View Single Post

Old 08-22-2017, 11:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB
Sorry you didn't get to experience it Becky, I'm not trying to rub it in, but it was incredible! I truly lack the ability to describe it.

My wife and I traveled up to West Yellowstone and did a quick trip through the upper loop of Yellowstone and saw some of the treasures there, then early yesterday morning drove down to Rexsburg Idaho almost in the center of the path of totality. We found an almost ideal unobstructed spot on a hillside that even gave us a good view of the valley.This was my third eclipse but my first totality. With an almost cloudless sky, when the sun was completely covered the darkness was surreal, even a few stars were visible!

The drive home was an adventure in itself, one that everyone probably would have given up. Bumper to bumper traffic for over two hundred miles. What took us under three hours to drive on the way up took us nine and half hours to get back home. We knew it was part of the experience though, so can't complain much. Every time the view of the highway opened up, it was quite the sight, nothing but cars as far as you could see.

Isaac Asimov