View Single Post

Old 08-23-2017, 08:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 969.48 MB
White hart inn revisited

With the blessings of VK, I am going to be building his White Hart Inn and coaches. Only this time around, I will be making all those wonderful details that he provided in his designs take on a little more life. I am starting with the coaches to build my confidence and try out ideas. I will only post the ones that work! I will be making enough mistakes to keep you laughing anyway. Anyway, the plan is to only use the details provided in his designs; nothing added from outside sources.

I started with the wheels. Looking at the picture that VK provided of the museum coach, I decided that I needed to fatten the wheels and add a bit more 3D. (I will not be adding rivets and bolt heads.) As I have mentioned in my other builds, I used scissors for 99 per cent of my cutting. I have found a new use for the Japanese Hole Cutter; making pilot holes for my scissors points for small details. It really speeded up cutting out the wheel spokes and ended forever, poking holes in fingertips. So my arbitrary width of wheel became 8 stacked wheels with an additional rim on each side and two hubs stacked on the outward facing side of the wheel. (Pictorial diagram below) It started out being fun, but by the time I cut out the 40th wheel, I had finger cramps.By the way, I forgot to add that this model is the Tudor Coach printed on 65# paper. I have 3 of the wheels assembled and the 4th in process. One of the things to remember is to glue the back to back wheels first. That way, you won't accidentally wind up with a white sided wheel. (Wait; you're all thinking that I did that!)
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20170823_131405.jpg