View Single Post

Old 08-28-2017, 10:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Firefox has been friendly to the user, so I guess this change in technology will be swift.

That add-ons become outdated is not new. It happens all the time. Thankfully some of the most popular will adapt to changes quickly so they don't become obsolete. I'm sure the likes of Adblock and Noscript are already preparing for this change. Looks like Firefox is forcing developers to think about the future.

And this isn't new. Since last year Firefox has been rejecting add-ons that will not be compatible with their future development. In this link they mention something in the lines that if it works for version 53 then it will work for 57 (and current update is 55): https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2016...d-ons-in-2017/

This warnings serves to us, as users, to be prepared. I may stop the automatic updates of the browser, in order to continue using the current add-ons I've installed, until I get sure word the 57 and later updates will work properly or the add-ons developers release their latest versions.

TL;DR:
Don't worry. If you already have everything working with your current Firefox 55, chances are high it will keep that way when 57 arrives.