View Single Post

Old 08-28-2017, 11:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
It has been awhile since an update. Sorry for the delay. I have been busy with several projects. One of which is learning how to use Blender 3D software.

I have finished the kit of B-17F, 41-2454 “Tuffy” (first photo) that I was doing as a fund raiser. The money from this kit was originally to help pay for a kitten named Baby Goldenberg to get surgery to have his damaged eyes removed. Baby Goldenberg did have his surgery and is doing very well as you can see in the photo below.

Since then another cat has been rescued that also needs eye surgery. His name is Seymour (the black and white cat below) and he was living on the streets of Queens, NY. The person feeding Seymour outside thought he was blind because he always kept his eyes tightly closed. Once rescued, however, it was determined that Seymour could see, but was suffering from entropion, a very painful condition where the eyelids roll in and the lashes rub against the cornea. Seymour was seen by a veterinary ophthalmologist, who indicated that surgery is the only lasting treatment for this condition. Seymour is about 10 years old and also has very bad teeth, most of which will need to be extracted. He will need 2 procedures -- the entropion surgery will be done first, then his dental work. The total estimate for these procedures is $1800-$2000.

As a result, the money I can raise from the sale of this B-17 kit will go to help both cats. If you are interested in purchasing this kit, send me a private message and I’ll give you the details. As a bonus you will also receive a second kit of a B-17G. Both B-17F and B-17G kits will only be available as part of this fund raiser. I am asking $10.00 for these kits. Any donations would be greatly appreciated.

In other news, I am finally getting ready to finish B-17E 41-2666, Lucy/Old 666. This should make Don happy. Since this was a photo recon B-17 I’ve decided to add some Fairchild K-17 aerial cameras. The photo below shows some test builds. This B-17 also didn’t carry any bombs so I’m re-working the bomb bay fuel tanks I did for the B-24. I also have to draw the crew figures.

I am also considering doing a kit of, what is arguably, the most famous B-17 of all from one of the most iconic photos of World War II.
Attached Thumbnails
B-17 Flying Fortress-tuffy.jpg   B-17 Flying Fortress-baby-g.jpg   B-17 Flying Fortress-seymour.jpg   B-17 Flying Fortress-fairchild-k-17.jpg   B-17 Flying Fortress-boeing-b-17g-10-april-1945.jpg