View Single Post

Old 09-08-2017, 07:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
C-45 testbuilders?

Pablo's now too busy to continue with the test build of the C-45, so could I have other volunteers? I don't want to release this prematurely as the substitute flat wrap windscreen really needs to be tested for fit.

Pablo got as far as showing me the first set of windscreens I supplied were all too small, and I can forward our build guide suggestions to the next volunteer.

I still do not have access to a printer, so I can't do this myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post
OK, at least 1 person has volunteered to test build so I know some people are reading this thread. Still don't have a working printer right now.

This update is a recolor of Chaiwat's 1:200 C-45 Expeditor as a 1941 Philippine Air Lines Beech Model 18 airliner. Red overall with with gold Beech speedbird stripes and white registration numbers. I erased the starboard door and added landing gear.

Chaiwat builds his models with transparent canopies so this model has a big hole in the cockpit. I found a flat wrap windscreen pattern from a balsa model plan and put 4 different windscreen sizes for the test builder to figure out which one (or none) fits best, add your own tabs.

Working scale was meant to be 1:100 but if the Powerpoint ruler is correct the wingspan is about 7.5" when it should be 5.72" (so about 1:76).

Any takers? Send a private message with your email address and I'll send you the PDF. Also working on a generic USAF C-45 in olive and gray.