View Single Post

Old 09-08-2017, 04:44 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricleite View Post
Good reading on all 3 post and I agree with you all. Halinski quality progressed A LOT! I have an unbuilt copy of the F-14. It is surely not the easiest kit to assemble and I look forward to your build.
@ Erik - The newer Buffalo kit, in Finnish livery, has close to 800 parts. I can assure you that it is both demanding and rewarding to assemble.
One part in particular gave me fits trying to find it. As the instructions note, if you build the kit with the nosecone open to show the radar, you need to use "Part W 2a instead of part W 2." I hunted all over the parts sheets and instructions and could not W 2a. The drawings show a part 2a but I couldn't find that part either.

Finally, after staring at parts and drawings for what seemed like an hour, I found it. Part 2a is represented by an un-numbereded cutline on Part 2. Part "W 2a" is the lip that the nose cone hinges attach to and it should be cut from Part 2 and glued to Part 3. using the latter's trimmed joiner strips.

I still don't know what the "W" is all about. Neither part was labelled "W."
Attached Thumbnails
I'm building Halinski's *&^%$#! F-14A Tomcat-pt-2a-1.jpg   I'm building Halinski's *&^%$#! F-14A Tomcat-pt-2a-2.jpg