View Single Post

Old 09-09-2017, 08:51 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
[QUOTE=hetzer;595108]Because extensive drawings and text explanation are not really required and are waste of space. Saying that - this sort of kits from Halinski ARE NOT for beginners, so experienced modelers should be able to use them. That is why every time before starting a kit all drawings should be thoroughly examined and checked out. In my opinion drawings within the kits are more than enough to complete the build. I hardly ever read text description, and can get all information required even from simple diagrams.

cheers

I completely disagree with you. With all due respect, it seems to me that you know very little about marketing and selling a product designed to be purchase by any human being and not only for "experts" or "experienced builders" thus extensive and detailed drawings plus written step by step instructions ARE MANDATORY. Some manufacturers are aware of this: ModelArt, for example, Dr. Zarkov's models are very complex but any chap CAN build it perfectly. Other example is Schreiber which uses the best method of all: Glue following number sequence plus excellent description and drawings. And don't forget that a very high percentage of card models are sold through the web where you do not have any chance of examining the complete model sheets to find out if one can build it or not.

Best wishes, greetings from sunshine state.