View Single Post

Old 09-09-2017, 02:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPink65 View Post
I completely disagree with you. With all due respect, it seems to me that you know very little about marketing and selling a product designed to be purchase by any human being and not only for "experts" or "experienced builders" thus extensive and detailed drawings plus written step by step instructions ARE MANDATORY.
It seems you like to be led by hand throughout whole build... And also seem you think all models are for all modelers - that is unfortunately not true. Not every modeler will be able to build Halinski kits. Not only because there are "insufficient" drawings and diagrams but because of lack of skill - give e.g. Hal's Tomcat or Panther or T34 to a rookie and see what happens XD and after over 20 years of card model building can easily say, I dont think anybody can build any card model kit.

Maybe you would like to have every single component broken down to sub assemblies? That is actually waste of space - there are limitations regarding number of sheets and space for components - have you considered that? that goes with cost of printed kits as well ... hence maximizing the space by putting as much info into single drawing limits the paper or card sheets used for the kit. ... It is also down to designer not the publisher to do the instructions & diagrams ... but what do I know about marketing...

Text is not exactly required - unless you really like idiot proof products...(seems you do) Translating it into other languages is not cheap option (to do it well) but internet can do it for you though. Models are also designed in their manufacturers language, mostly for local markets not global ... if you want to buy them, make an effort and learn at least basic phrases - it will make your life easier (not much is really required when you get used to it ... Dont forget it is a physical product not a file on the web so it has limitations.

Like everything was made exactly for your personal liking... it would be grand wouldn't it?

By the way, you seem to know a lot about the products and card modeling, admitting it at 07-09-2017:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPink65 View Post
Just discovered paper models and I am sure I will learn a lot here.

New to paper modeling and this forum. I am sure I will learn a lot
RICK
Post some of your works at the forum, I will gladly give you some tips

Cheers