View Single Post

Old 09-09-2017, 10:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 969.48 MB
I have been spending my time on how to recess the large double doors on the Guild Hall. In keeping with my original plan of only using the details available on the model, I decided to modify the open Archway recess details. Using the photo as a visual explanation guide, I printed out a copy of the Archway parts shown in the photo as A: 1 & 2.; I cut out all of A2 and the straight long portion of A1; adding a tab along the bottom of the part (See B). I then cut out a piece of A1 containing 2 of the curve links to use as a blind connecting tab and cut the end tab off the end tab off the curving end of A2.

I then glued the straight piece of A1 to the curving end of A2 using the blind tab (See C). My final modification was to cut C in half, lengthwise and glue one half on top of the other (See D).

Using the copy function on my printer, I made a sheet of the modified Archway recessing parts, which I will use to recess all the double doors in the Guild Hall. I hope to get at least one wall finished tomorrow to test the effect.
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20170909_234812.jpg