View Single Post

Old 09-10-2017, 12:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrison View Post
I think this thread has gotten a little out of hand. I didn't start it to start an argument.
--David
Sorry about that.... wont be diverting from the topic again after this;P I am curious about the outcome of your tomcat though. Hal kits are great but not free from mistakes - so watch yourself there XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrison View Post
For more complex models, experience helps; no one's arguing with that. But if someone wants to tackle Halinski's Yamato as their first paper model, who am I to say, "It's not for them." It's a hobby, not a contest.
This bloody thing is scary! but... If one without or very low skill wants to tackle this model - it will cost much time, effort, money with rather poor or even no results. Complexity of model should go with skill.

And comparing plastic models to card ones is not exactly valid cause plastic is a snap fit type of assembly. Card modeling is actually building from flat piece of card a 3d object, with all components made, not ready just to cut out. Drawings dont have to explain how to fold or make certain things - that again comes out of experience. And lastly Rick, If you dont like the drawings and dont like Polish text, dont buy this models - if you ever had a printed, ready kit. Stick to internet downloads. And no, manufacturers dont think globaly. Dont think everything is made for average joe and his habit of having everything on silver platter. And thats it, I wont make any more remarks, but will be waiting for your models Rick... Show off what you have got.

Dave, Sorry again, and happy modeling Will be poking my nose here anyways from time to time :P