View Single Post

Old 09-11-2017, 11:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
The exercise continues with another shuttle:

Originally just two parts, but they proliferated to over thirty again and this is the result:

Lesson learned: when photographing black things on white background, set the exposimeter so that it only measures brightness of the target, not the whole field.

The stern got new engines and also a rudder which makes the plane look sexier. It's black because it doubles as heat radiator, and as we all know, blackbody radiates best (and also because it was cut from the bottom side of wings from the second print, but no one needs to know that). Wing roots and fuselage bottom are rounded; I'm not happy with spoiling the nice curves with landing gear, but the plane needs to park somehow. The parking is going to be interesting anyway, because I totally forgot to install any magnetic anchor. So either I'll stuff some wire chips in the remaining holes, or the shuttle will be glued to the ship permanently.

Last thing to figure out is how passengers get into the plane, and scratchbuild some connecting tunnel or catwalk. Let's pick the tall windowed sections on hull sides, some of the panes might be openable. Air intakes just a step away look scary, but repulsion impellors have no spinning turbines, so they are easy to shut down anytime and don't ingest anybody.

Next time I'll probably build sibling number 5, before I forget all dimensions and tricks used on this one.