View Single Post

Old 09-12-2017, 05:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
My reasoning on the door depth was probably over-thinking. I was thinking that since this is the Guild Hall, the stone masons would want to show off their skill and build thick stout wall. The placement of the doors was based on security. I assumed that normal security of doors at this time in history is still based on the drop bar or draw bar against the interior side of the door. Following this reasoning, I also assumed the door would be massive, with the interior side matching up with the interior wall (for the drop bars). Looking at the thickness of the wall of the archway, I arbitrarily came up with my recess depth. A bit round the pond, so to speak.

I have made a little progress. I have all the trim on the Fodor coach body and drivers seat; I have one wheel assembled; I have the second story facade cut out for the front wall; and I have the hinges and window under trim installed on the small window of the front wall. Finally, I am assembling the recess frame around the entry door. Note that I have installed the hinges and the door pull handle. That's the second handle! The first handle I dropped while painting it (never found it), so I made a new one. Then I realized that I had started gluing the door upside down and had to pull that apart. At this point I stopped and poured myself a Tullamore Dew and watched the news. Then I realized that what I was watching was not helping my frame of mind, so I turned it and went back to model building. Now I hope you are all as confused as I am.
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20170912_175649.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20170912_175707.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20170912_175717.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20170912_175743_001.jpg