View Single Post

Old 09-13-2017, 06:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
Not abandoned-just busy,busy,busy!

Hey Everyone!
Had to put my modeling fun on the back burner for a while to get my house (the REAL one) in shape. What started as a simple repair project, evolved into a major restoration of the front porch. Now, as a result of that, I need to try and get as much of the upper story done before winter hits. Ha, DYI home projects; ain't it great!
But; I did take the time to do a small commission job when the remnants of Harry rolled thru. This is a small building just two doors down from us on the ally and a side street. The woman who had a beauty shop in it for many years, has decided to retire and sold the building. She wanted me to do a model of it as it stands today and a depiction of what it looked like in 1917 when it was erected as the real estate office for the new suburban housing project that became our little subdivision we live in (This was the third attempt to build around here. Long story-recessions, floods and under financed builders. We'll touch on that some other time).

Some of my builds-9-13-2017-043.jpgSome of my builds-9-13-2017-045.jpgSome of my builds-9-13-2017-046.jpgSome of my builds-9-13-2017-047.jpg

Some of you may have seen this before; it was one of the early models I designed a few years back. To hurry things along, I updated the window graphics real quick and got them together in a day (didn't have much time)!
Also, when I get a bit more time, I'll add a shot of the front porch that has been the big time eater in our life this year!
Have Great day all!
George