View Single Post

Old 09-13-2017, 11:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
After completing these engine exhausts (at least that's what I call them :-) ) on the top side I started the completion of the bottom side...

The assembly of the bottom top cover went together very smoothly.

I just added some inside support in case too much pressure would be put on that area.

For the gun turret I wanted to add some support so I could mount it in hovering position. According to the instructions it should be glued with back and front to the main hull but I wanted to see if I could make it hover.

So first I made this little part stronger by filling it up with layers of paper, making it solid.

Also added these glue tabs for this little part.

For the gun tubes, instead of just using rolling them into the (emtpy) tubes, I wrapped them around toothpicks and cut to fit, to make them stronger. Then I completed the gun turret according to instruction with no problems.

As the gun turret would only be glued onto the hull at one little position I added this cut paper clip for support on the underside.

I then punched a whole into the right position in the hull assembly and glue the gun turret into position. After letting it dry very carefully and thoroughly ... IT WORKS! :-)

And now a couple of pics of the completed bottom side.

Now have to repeat this for the top side!