Thread: Disneyland 2
View Single Post

Old 09-21-2017, 05:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.82 MB
East Main is finally ready!

I only had time to "design" (and I use that term loosely) 2 or 3 buildings that would more or less look like the real thing. For the East side of the street I chose the Main Street Opera House which is at the station end of the street (on the right in top pic). On the West side of the street I'll be focusing most of my energy on the Fire House and the new Fantasyland building fronts behind West Main.

Behind East Main is Tomorrowland:

Which while it was easier to build, because I wasn't designing anything new, I knew I wanted to really light it up!

Believe it or not, there are 22, 14 volt lamps just on this side of the module! Fun fact: that taller building houses "If You Had Wings" which was always one of my favorite rides. The vertical latticework pieces are supposed to represent wings, the big octagonal lights in the middle of them represent jet engines and if you look at the roof line angling back towards Main Street it's supposed to look like a big jet tail! My little tribute to a ride that's long gone and to Eastern Airlines the ride's sponsor.

Here's a little nook that will never get seen.

I made the "wrought iron" tables and chairs from paper doilies, bits of floral wire, toothpicks and paper umbrellas I whipped off with Metasequoia.