Thread: Disneyland 2
View Single Post

Old 09-23-2017, 06:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
I was going back through this, and didn't see. This is all HO scale roughly, right?

Those Illinois Main Street models look like they would fit into Marceline, MO
The Main Street buildings definitely are out of scale. The street sweeper in white on the left in this pic from last year is the "traditional" size for O scale (1:43) figures that started with Marx and Bachmann Plasticville citizens of the 1950's.

While the "choir" around the flag pole is made up of the much smaller figures marketed by MTH for adding patrons to their line of passenger cars. I've never heard an exact number, but I think they're around 1:76 or S scale where O "scale" in the U.S. is usually defined as 1:48. Looking further up the street from the White Wing you can see a man in blue who looks like he could be holding up the theater marquee with his hat!

This little girl next to Sleeping Beauty is a 1:43 child while the "costumed characters" in the background look like giant toys compared with them.

Those characters came with the Monorail. Sleeping Beauty was a "capsule figure" sold in vending machines in Japan and could pass for an adult in scale to the castle that bears her moniker. Compare all of them with the Polly Pocket figures standing on the station platform.

Way out of scale to the station doors, but that's the way it goes in Lionel land!