View Single Post

Old 09-29-2017, 09:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I cannot remember the last time I ordered from this firm, but it would have been in pre-internet days, way back in the 1960s. They have been in business serving the British Toy and model making fraternity since the 1940s, They actually advertised in the first Meccano Magazine, so I doubt that they are deliberately ripping you off. More likely that they are not too efficient at using this (For them) new-fangled internet thing internationally. As to the phone calls ... I assume you did remember to convert their quoted UK number into an international one? (Knock off the first 0 and replace it with +44).

You say you paid by PayPal. Did you get a receipt email from PayPal? Have PayPal charged your card yet? If not, your order has not been completed, and probably not received by Hobby's. You should immediately raise a dispute with PayPal. If nothing else this should get you a refund, but it may well get your order re-motivated.

If it will help, please send me all the details of your transaction so far by PM, and I will phone them from here on Monday.

'The Comet' looks like a great model, but at that price I strongly suspect that it ain't paper.

Last edited by JohnM; 09-29-2017 at 09:56 AM.