View Single Post

Old 10-08-2017, 04:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
During the past weeks I travelled a lot during my appartements, so I need a lot more time to finish the filling of the hull. But finally it was done.

Then I completely sanded the hull. The first picture is unfortunately somewhat out of focus. The starboard side (in the photo on the left) shows the finished hull and the backboard side the raw state.

Before moving on to the paper, I will smooth and sand the hull in order to compensate for the transitions on the bow and stern.

Conclusion:
I will use the same technic for my next paper models, because I think that I get a fine result. I will change the wood to Abachi and prepare the steps before glueing the framwwork together.
The small guides on the flanges for aligning the decks interfere with sanding. Since they are not really needed after filling, they can also be cut off.
Attached Thumbnails
Papegojan, 1/72 - Shipyard-papegojan-024.jpg   Papegojan, 1/72 - Shipyard-papegojan-025.jpg   Papegojan, 1/72 - Shipyard-papegojan-027.jpg   Papegojan, 1/72 - Shipyard-papegojan-028.jpg   Papegojan, 1/72 - Shipyard-papegojan-029.jpg  

in the shipyard: Papegojan, 1/72 of Model Shipyard