View Single Post

Old 10-08-2017, 01:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Don, thank you for so high rating of my abilities. Well, I assure you, that my models are far, far behind the best Polish paper modellers' masterpieces. I get back home from a contest or an exhibition and I'm broken and depressed, when I compare my "artisanship" to real mastery:-))) Of course I am joking, but have a look at these pictures (especially at this old red bus/coach). All is made of paper (the link is not of my gallery, but I hope Mr "batonus" -a very good modeller- will not be angry) https://www.fotosik.pl/u/batonus/album/2467250

Ab, I don't put anything between layers. My experience with wood is poor, but I imagine that wooden planks on models are sometimes bent with some force. In case of cardboard you MUST shape planks PRECISELY in such a way that they fit perfectly to the hull without glue. You place a shaped plank on the model and it should looks the same with or without glue. And I shape wider planks not only along but also across. The second rule is "glue only on frames", or to be more precise "on the places, where the plank touches the first layer". On the picture you can see marks, where glue should be placed and a shaped plank below. And it MUST NOT be water-based glue, because it "shrinks" when dries and "pulls" planks towards the first layer (and "skinny cow's ribs" appear:-///)
I hope my English is understandable:-)

Best
Tomek
Attached Thumbnails
Duyfken 1606 (1:100 from scratch)-planks.jpg