Thread: Win 10 updates
View Single Post

Old 10-11-2017, 04:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Win 10 updates

My primary computer runs Win10 pro 32bit on a 64bit i7 CPU. I haven't quite figured how to up it to run Win10 pro 64bit without losing some of the installed Free (Giveawayoftheday)software, but I am working towards it.

I try to keep it's software as up to date as possible. So everything available is ticked off to auto-download all updates, but NOT to install them until I say so. I'm glad to say that, unlike many people, none of the Microsoft updates have caused me any problems so far.

As I shut down last night I discovered that the big MS Fall upgrade had downloaded, so I let it install unattended overnight. Living dangerously I know, but it all seems to have gone smoothly and my congested ol' pooter has moved into rocket mode again. It's like I'd done a complete re-install of the OS, so I'm guessin' that that's virtually what MS have done with this update.

So I guess today's exercise will be to allow the update to run on my Tablet and secondary PC. That runs Win10 pro 64bit already though on an i5 CPU, so the update may not be on offer for that yet.