Thread: For the Cats
View Single Post

Old 10-14-2017, 06:02 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Gary, I didn't take offence at all so don't worry!

I just wanted to explain the context and what meant when I used the term!

Thanks for the explanation about the warming pad. Could well be a great night spot in winter.

Is electricity expensive your side? You could rig up a sensor to a timer switch if it is.

Is Ebony tame do you think? You are lucky your other cats are indoor cats. The arrangement you have wouldn't work here as our cats go out in the day, and being cats are very territorial. The four almost develop a "pack" behaviour if there is an intruder. Fortunately the other cats rarely intrude.

Which, is just as well, as feline HIV is very common here. Nugget fought a lot and ended up with FHIV - hence the predisposition to lukemia. One of our other has it, but remains healthy. The other two remain clear. Vaccinations and high quality food to keep them all well costs I think more then our food, but that is also due to the fact we have had to cut right back to basics on our food, so we spend a great deal less there!

That photo I posted is the best one we have of Mandiki - he is so skittish it is difficult to get one!