Thread: For the Cats
View Single Post

Old 10-14-2017, 07:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.16 MB
Hi Kevin,
I understand and appreciate what you said.
We might never meet in person,,, but we have become friends along with alot of other folks due to our mutual love of cats. And this thread.
I always tell folks that I meet while shopping for kitty food and
other things for our cats. ( CATS COME FIRST )

As for the warming pad,,, I forgot to tell you that it only gets warm when the kitty is laying on it. Otherwise it is off and not using any electricity. ( At least that's what my wife who bought it told me. )

Ebony is friendly but not what we would call tame yet.
And this last month I was able to catch him and another one of our roaming kitties we feed called ( Kitty ) in live traps.
Then the gal from animal control took them to the vet and the county paid to have them fixed and gave them four shots.
They usually only give them three,,, but I talked them into another
one that they usually don't give them.
So they have been taken care of.
BUT,,, We have a family rule that our two kids do not come in
contact with any of the roaming kitties we feed here.
Also,,, when I take our kids outside,,, we have them leash trained.
So I control where they go and how close any other cats get to them.
( Safety first )
As for Ebony,,, he is the one I can actually pet on his back a few times lightly when I feed him his wet food.
He has swung his hand at my gloved hand ( we wear food service gloves whenever we take food out to them ) but he has never clawed me yet. He just touches my hand with his hand. I hope this continues this way.
So like you, I am very careful with our two kids.
I will say that the closest our two kids get to Ebony is when they are looking at each other thru the back door window. And Brumby doesn't mind so much,,, but Callie will get upset and yell at Ebony or lunge at him at the door. But it is a glass door that is safe.
I just don't like her getting upset.
Anyway,,, We hope things get better as time goes on.

I hope your kitties are safe from your roamers too. And hope they don't catch anything else from them.

Here are three more pictures I was able to get of Ebony going in and out of his house today and looking thru the side window even though it was raining.

Best Regards,
Gary
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-img_4379-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-img_4383-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-img_4384-e-mail.jpg