Thread: Disneyland 2
View Single Post

Old 11-05-2017, 08:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.82 MB
The TARDIS is plastic made by Running Press. I bought it at Books-A-Million. The Daleks are paper models I downloaded from the Project Dalek Forum: Project Dalek Forum and they're close to O Scale 1:48 in proportions. So, they're a might wee compared to a 54mm Doctor!

To make the Doctor, I first extended the coat to knee length by building it up one strip at a time similar to how you would do it with "snakes" of clay except that I had to let each one cool before adding another row. After adding the hair (just more glue on the sides of the head), I decided it would be better to paint what I had before trying to make the scarf. If I tried to add the scarf and then paint it, it all would have been just clear glue and I would have had a hard time figuring out where the scarf ended and other parts began.

So to make the scarf I did what I do for a lot of glue parts (i.e. arms, legs, etc.). I squirted the glue out in a strip on the glass top of my desk. As it was cooling, I rolled a bamboo skewer along the top to flatten it a bit and when it cooled completely, I trimmed the sides with my X-Acto knife. I did both long pieces and then added a small "C" shape to connect them at the top. Then using the blade, I carefully pried the scarf off the glass by sliding the knife between the scarf and the surface. I glued the trimmed piece to the figure and gave the long bits a bit of a twist at the knees so they would look more natural. After that I just had to paint stripes without making too much of a mess.

I won't claim it's simple, but it worked!