View Single Post

Old 11-06-2017, 02:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
Star Wars - First Order Athmospheric Assault Lander (AAL)

After last years U-Wing project I have decided to make my new Star Wars model the AAL from the "The Force Awakens". It should make a nice counterpart to the Rebels transport vessel. With it the Imperial Forces could have their own troop transporter ... in the display shelf or on the gaming table

Starting research I found a couple of renderings in the net, but they all where a little different. I was guessing the reference images from the movies were quite scarce. So I went back to watching the few scenes where the AAL is showing up, frame by frame and collecting all good shots. This is my "original" references sheet I compiled.

I then started to make some quick 3D sketches to get a feel for the geometry.

I then wanted to see the landed version, as this is how I imagine the build will be for most and found I missed a couple of important details (like landing gear boxes!)

After taking a step back and comparing this to my research sheet I made some final adjustments (esp in the rear engine section) and I this would be my master model for starting the actual build (unless some new references show up, that show some major errors on my side )