Thread: HMHS Britannic
View Single Post

Old 11-13-2017, 12:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.28 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPink65 View Post
Both the Taschen and Rose Titanics are simplified and don't have much detail. Easier to build, of course. And they have the greatest flaw of several ship kits: Lack of full hull. Any ship model resting on top of a table or shelf looks silly showing only half the model. These replicas with no full hull are mainly designed for dioramas but not for mantel display. Why don't you check the fantastic Schreiber's Titanic, full hull and designed to operate by RC. Also check the Gomix Titanic. Both models are really works of art. They are even better than the plastic rendition by Minicraft.
Check this video and you will be hooked!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CNzycCxg9c

RICK
Silly? I'll have you know that my 1:200 Titanic is waterlined and looks absolutely splendid even without a diorama. The Taschen model is way off and I'll tell you why: The paper is too shiny, the bridge only has 7 windows vs the Rose model which has the full 9 and the windows look ridiculous. The lack of full hull is your own opinion, not everyone else's. Here's the thing about the Bogen model, it's flawed too. example: the way the stern forms looks horrid.
RMS Titanic 1:200