View Single Post

Old 11-13-2017, 04:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Next new release is here...

My 1968 Pontiac Parisienne 2+2 Sport

Out of all the vehicles I have owned in my life, if I had the chance to get just one of them back, it would be this car.
I bought this 1968 Pontiac around 1979, as a winter-beater and temporary ride while I searched for a new daily driver.

I ended up driving the car for about a year and sold it for close to what I paid for it (about $200).
It was big...no, it was huge...and comfortable, and quiet, and full of power.
I always joked that you could park a compact car in the Trunk! and still have room for a case of Beer.

I eventually sold it because it was rusty and needed bodywork, and the engine needed a valve job.
I went through a case of Oil (24 Quarts) every 400 miles!
Granted, a case of Oil was less than $20 at that time! lol

The Parisienne was exclusively a Canadian car...built and sold right here.
The Parisienne and Laurentians were comparable to the American Catalina and Bonneville and similar line,
but the Canadian cars were a bit shorter since they were built on the full size Chevrolet Impala chassis.
And, since it was basically a Chev Impala underneath, you ordered a Chevy engine instead of Pontiac motor.
And I mean any available Chev motor! ...283 small blocks to 454 big blocks!
My Parisienne had an awesome 327 (another reason I wish I still had it!)

The Parisienne came in a number of variations...2 and 4 door, 2+2 Sport and Grand luxury versions.
Convertibles were common, as were the Vinyl covered roofs. Mine had a big bench seat up front,
but Bucket seats and center Console were also available
The distinctive pointed nose made the car really stand out, with the 68 version having the largest and most prominent hood extension.

I wish I had never sold this car...but in 1979, a car like this was a "worn out 11 year old used car".
Today, a 10 year old car is just a "used car" and almost as costly as a new one.
Today, a 1968 Pontiac is "classic", "vintage chrome" and a "muscle machine".
Oh how times have changed. Oh how we all kick ourselves.

Look for the model in the Specialz - Road Carz section.