Thread: HMHS Britannic
View Single Post

Old 11-13-2017, 04:57 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStarLine View Post
Silly? I'll have you know that my 1:200 Titanic is waterlined and looks absolutely splendid even without a diorama. The Taschen model is way off and I'll tell you why: The paper is too shiny, the bridge only has 7 windows vs the Rose model which has the full 9 and the windows look ridiculous. The lack of full hull is your own opinion, not everyone else's. Here's the thing about the Bogen model, it's flawed too. example: the way the stern forms looks horrid.
Yes, the Taschen model is not very accurate. It is simplified but it has the advantage of easier building, simpler than Maly, Schreiber or other complicated and very accurate renditions. "Bogen" you mean Schreiber? No doubt you are an expert on Titanic design. That's good because you can provide with information that you have investigated and shared with modelers. As with all different models made by different companies, there is always differences and it is almost impossible to find a really accurate version of a particular prototype. It also happens with plastic models.