View Single Post

Old 11-15-2017, 04:21 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Tiny Ireland models

I keep searching for Irish models in anticipation of our trip to Ireland next year. I recently found a site for Tiny Ireland (Hand painted gift kits for you to build your favourite Irish town.). There are 20 some kits consisting of five buildings each for different parts of Ireland. I ordered two to see what they were like. They are absolutely beautiful. She has painted Irish scenery on the backs and sides of the buildings The artist and designer is Anke Eckardt of West Cork. She has chosen these buildings and then painted them, the colors are wonderful. The buildings themselves are simple to make but will add great beauty to any paper model collection. The buildings are about 5 inches tall. I liked the two kits that I got so much, that I ordered 10 more kits of places that we will visit in Ireland.

Attached are photos of the five Dublin buildings – Bailey's Café and Bar, the Temple bar, Trinity College, Olympia Theater and the Quay bar. You can find interesting write ups about each on the Internet. They are located near each other and a short distance from the hotel where we will be staying in Dublin. I am looking forward to seeing them in person and maybe sampling their offerings.

I took the Dublin models with me to the International Paper Modelers Convention two weeks ago in Sterling, Virginia. They received a lot of favorable comments.

Her newest model is that of Shandon Tower – St. Anne's church, Cork. It is the only model in that kit and consists of five pages of parts. These models have been a very exciting find me.

PS I am still working on Wawel Castle – many, many small parts. I will post updated photos in the near future.
Attached Thumbnails
Tiny Ireland models-dsc09210.jpg   Tiny Ireland models-dsc09212.jpg   Tiny Ireland models-dsc09213.jpg   Tiny Ireland models-dsc09214.jpg   Tiny Ireland models-dsc09217.jpg