View Single Post

Old 11-16-2017, 03:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
In mid-September, after a total collapse of modelling mojo, I started on this build again...

The first time in just over a year that I stuck some bits together...continuing my build of the GPM 1/33 Fl-282 Kolibri helicopter from last year's Large Scale Planes GB (The Unofficial Airfix Modellers' Forum • View topic - Simon's Flit in a Flettner)...

Still working on the turret base...not quite perfect joins - things are still a little bit wobbly after a year's break - but there's still a concealing layer to go over the top...

There isn't much internal structure to support the roof or the walls so I have been carrying reinforcing as I go. There is no structure at all for the gun compartment: what I guess is the glacis plate is only a single piece of thin card (maybe 160gsm) to support the roof and the landing pad that will be mounted on top. My next task will be to design and build enough internal support to take the weight and support the walls, which are also - at this point - only thin card...

Once I saw the initial structure of the turret in 3D, I had to up my meds to suppress the AMS urge to build some detail into the rear compartment of the turret, or to buy some 15cm field pieces to loot for gun parts...