View Single Post

Old 11-16-2017, 05:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello friends,

here is another update to the marked three lamps without shade on the Side 1, as well as for the Hazard warning lights with this shape here.

Source: NASA

In my search for even better matching ferrules for this lamp shape, I've actually found something, and indeed at Völkner, who offers the smallest available size 0.1 - 0.3 mm˛. And although that are equal to 100 pcs, which I guaranteed will not need, so I grabbed it, and today the package arrived, so of course I had to try it.

These sleeves have a shade diameter of 1.5 mm, which corresponds exactly to the width of the MLP girders, and would therefore be even better suited than the previously tested 0.5 mm˛ sleeves with Ř 1.9 mm (shade).

An LED 0402 can also be threaded into the sleeve, as you can see on this picture. To the left are the 0.5 mm˛ and the 1 mm˛ sleeves.

And if the back part of the shade is slightly widened, then the shade looks like this (right) and its shape would therefore fit even better.

But since there probably are no matching transparent or red glass beads for this size, which should have a diameter of approx. 1.3 mm, one would have to apply the glass body above the LED with transparent epoxy resin. But wether that would work, I do not know ...

Let's try and see.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)