View Single Post

Old 11-18-2017, 09:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
I finally cut into the model the other night and so far I have to say things are not off to a good start. It's funny because I've built this model in my head many times just by looking at the parts in the book - but it's not until I actually started building it that I realized I'm in for a challenge.

Three parts in and not one fits as it should...

Part 1, the side rails, did not call for any extra reinforcement, so none was used. Not a huge problem, but if I were to do it over again I'd probably add at least an extra thickness of card stock to stiffen them up a bit more.

Part 2, the top "U" shape piece that makes up the rounded front part of the frame is not long enough to close the gap with the top of the side rails.

Part 3, the back cross member is too short to attach to top and bottom of the "C" shaped side rails as shown in the plans. I had to scratch build a new piece by cutting apart the original. But now after starting to build the other inside cross members, I discover it's also too wide causing the back end of the frame to flair out. To correct this I'll have to do a bit more surgery :(

Given all of these issues, It's safe to say I'll be painting this one.

I just hope the rest of the kit goes together better than this. I really like the Texaco markings and don't want to loose them.

Oh, just to make it clear, I WILL NOT be building individual links for the drive chain!

MODEL ON!
Attached Thumbnails
Modelik 8/00 1926 Mack Bulldog Tank Truck-pict0008.jpg   Modelik 8/00 1926 Mack Bulldog Tank Truck-pict0006.jpg   Modelik 8/00 1926 Mack Bulldog Tank Truck-pict0007.jpg