View Single Post

Old 11-25-2017, 08:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
Need help with some electronics

So, a break from paper this winter. I知 building a Skunk Works 1/48 scale model RQ-9 Reaper. To coincide with my predator that I modified to display in-flight, I知 doing the same with this kit - but one step further. For this first time ever I知 going to incorporate a pager motor to spin the propeller. This is going to take a lot of modifications and custome work and I think I知 up to that. But, I need some help with the electronics. Nobody in the brick and mortar stores does hobby electronics anymore and on-line stores can only help you buy. Hopefully you can help.

In the aircraft I値l have the motor itself with some pin connectors sticking out of the fuselage. In the base I will have the battery pack featuring 1 or 2, 3V CR 2032 batteries and a switch. Problem one: what component (Resister?) do I need to add to the circuit to limit the voltage. I don稚 know how fast will be too fast. 6V combined sounds too fast. Second: what component would I add that could not only turn power on/off, but also regulate the power (column knob) so that I could spin it fast or slow. If I knew what to ask for, at least I could shop more coherently.

Thanks in advance.