Thread: "Edge gluing"?
View Single Post

Old 12-02-2017, 11:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceglue View Post
Hello dhanners,

have a look Ken West North Armerican X-15 1:32 (fertig) - Abgeschlossene Bauberichte - Luftfahrt - Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen !

at post 18 and 19, you can see how I prepared the chines before gluing. Not a must, only a a suggestion...
Thanks, Peaceglue. Your thread will be helpful. One of the issues I'm looking at trying to correct is the geometry of the rear chines. Ken's approach leaves them with sharp corners; in reality, they were more rounded.

I also plan on shrinking the model to 1/48th scale and doing an in-flight pose, without the tanks. (The X-15A-2 flew several times without the external tanks. Despite holding the world speed record for a winged vehicle -- until the first landing of the Space Shuttle -- the A-2 was pretty much a dog. Numerous aborted flights and in-flight failures. And it's fastest flight was its last because the heat damaged the vehicle and it was deemed unsafe to fly. Oh, for a good model of 66670 or even the pre-stretch 66671....)

Again, thanks!