Thread: "Edge gluing"?
View Single Post

Old 12-03-2017, 03:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
For any other X-15 than Ken's one, firstly there should be a design for a new part of the fuselage to un-stretch it, as it were. The official stretched part is right where the chines broaden, unfortunately. It isn't a straight piece.
I have the Model Hobby 1/32 plastic model of the A2 and I tried to figure out if it would be possible to 'unstretch' it, but alas. It also would be quite expensive to start hacking away in that preciously designed model.

I guess it might be a little easier and less expensive to try in paper. A original size X-15 would be a great addition.
After that, there could be indeed busloads of different add-ons, wing pods, and tail marking sets...

Oh, and getting back on topic, for edge glueing, you could try and double up the edge itself to get a broader edge to glue to the other surface. This needs some fiddling, of course, when the part has a curved shape, like a chine.

Last edited by Paper Kosmonaut; 12-03-2017 at 03:17 PM. Reason: I added two sentences to get back on topic.