View Single Post

Old 12-04-2017, 10:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Yoav/Yaron SM B-2 in French livery

Hi all,

Finally I have made the decision to build one of Yoav's models. It will be the SM B-2 in French livery (12e Escadre / Cambrai AFB).
Further a friendly suggestion from Yoav, I have started this thread to show you the progress of the built. Actually, I'm going to follow step by step the Yoav's instructions and there will be nothing really new in my thread. I use to work at a slow pace, having other hobbies to «*waste my time*», so it likely will elapse a long time before the buid is completed.

Here are the first images. Gosh, how much the macrophotography can accentuate the smallest defects!!

To give the nozzle a perfect circumferencial shape, I have found by chance and used two pipes that fit perfectly with the size of the nozzle. One pipe was placed inside and the other outside of the nozzle. This way the nozzle was squeezed in a perfect circle while the glue was drying.

Next step will be the fuselage and the feedback on it in a few weeks.

(To the attention of Isaac. You may remember you answered my question on how to build the rear part of the A-1 Skyraider by FlyModel. I have tried your suggestion. It works a little better than the other methods but in the end the result is not very good nevertheless. My standpoint is that a long fuselage made from a single piece of paper is not the good way to convert a plain flat piece of paper into a 3D shape. After 5 failed trials I have put the Skyraider on hold. When I resume its build I try to stuff the fuselage with polystyren foam and I'll sandpaper it to the right shape. This way, I hope it will prevent the fuselage cover from warping …)

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Yoav/Yaron SM B-2 in French livery-dsc_0001-640x480-.jpg   Yoav/Yaron SM B-2 in French livery-dsc_0003-640x480-.jpg   Yoav/Yaron SM B-2 in French livery-dsc_0006-640x480-.jpg   Yoav/Yaron SM B-2 in French livery-dsc_0007-640x480-.jpg   Yoav/Yaron SM B-2 in French livery-dsc_0008-640x480-.jpg