View Single Post

Old 12-05-2017, 12:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMGD View Post
Thanks for your encouragement and indeed your instructions are very clear. So I should take one of your models first for the beginning, on the other hand they also look the best what I have seen, very clean lines and rivets etc. I already read from Erik Zwaan that he spays his models with varnish, this is also done by the ship model builders, but afterwards the build is ready, although not by me. I was thinking of using semi-gloss Epson paper to build my first model with and maybe spraying it afterwards with a thin layer of varnish, so it cannot break, as it did on Josef's model.

John.
My recommendation:

No matter which paper you use....it is best to spray the page after printing, and before building the model.
Spraying prevents weather damage, such as moisture and mold.
It also prevents stains that may be caused if the adhesive accidentally touches the paper during the building.

Instructions for using spray paint, according to my experience:
After printing, wait about 5 minutes for final drying.
Then spray a thin layer of spray protection at a distance of 20-30 cm.
Wait 1-2 minutes and spray another layer.
After that, wait 5 minutes and then take a dry cloth and clean the page to remove the powder that has accumulated on the page during the spraying .... This makes printing smooth and highlighted.

Some of my friends spray the model even after it's built.
But it is necessary to cover the transparent canopy, otherwise there is a fear that the spray will damage the transparency of the canopy.

good luck

YOAV